Many times the users fail to customize the settings of Amcrest products like camera, doorbell, and sometimes lose the password or setting etc, so may need to Reset Amcrest camera to its default setting. Here Amcrest Support guides you, on how to reset Amcrest camera to default factory settings, and find out other issues related to Amcrest camera, which can arise the need to Reset Amcrest camera. Resetting the device can resolve issues most of the time, provided it is diagnosed that it is related to camera. At times, the issue could be with network and access application and resetting wont help in those cases. You can follow the troubleshooting guide to isolate the problem with camera and network and then proceed with Amcrest camera reset. If the device has issues with any specific feature and is not working properly, Amcrest camera factory reset can resolve the issues most of time. It is highly recommended to delete your device from your Amcrest Smart Home account before performing a factory reset, so that you don’t have any issues while reconnecting the camera to App.
Reset Amcrest Camera: Battery operated cameras
Know this important information before you Reset Amcrest Camera. A factory reset is the option to revert your device settings back to its original factory default, when you are experiencing problems with the device. To factory reset Amcrest camera device, you have to find where is the reset button and for Amcrest it is on the back of your Smart Hub device. You will need a pin or paper clip or similar object to reset Amcrest camera. Please find below the general information on how to factory reset Amcrest device.
Amcrest camera reset Steps begin here: To start the Amcrest reset process, delete your Amcrest device from the Amcrest Smart Home app.
To delete your device please follow the steps given below
- You need to log into your Amcrest Smart Home app and select your device ( you want to reset) from the Devices menu.
- Now find and tap on the Settings ( ) icon.
- In the options given on next screen please tap on Delete Device
- This is very important that, If you want to save your old or previous recordings, you must select or tap on “Keep Recordings“.
- Now you need to tap on Delete and the device will be removed from the account settings.
- Now lets move on to the smart hub device and locate the reset button on the back of your Smart Hub. It is a tiny hole on the left side of the power port.
- Insert the pin, or similar device, into the reset hole and while pressing it hold the reset button for 45 seconds. The LED on the Smart Hub will flash indicating the device is resetting in process. Once the flashing stops, you are done with the hard reset and Amcrest camera Reset is complete.
- For any kind help for setup issues after camera reset, please speak with Support desk.
Amcrest camera Soft Reset Via Web Interface
To find Ip address of your camera: Customers access their Amcrest Camera via Pc, Laptop, or Mac computer by opening a mainstream web browser like Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari etc. Some customers get stuck with Ip address after reset. To locate the camera’s IP address, you need to download our free Amcrest IP Config Tool software. Click to Download button Windows Mac or go to amcrest.com/downloads. After installing, find the IP address associated with the device you would like to view in the browser. Note down the IP address as you may need it for further setup or wifi settings.
Open the web browser (chrome safari etc) and enter this IP address into the browser. Press enter to access the web user interface.
In the web interface , enter the login credentials for your device. If this is often the primary time accessing the device, the username and password will both be admin. Click on Login.
How to reset Amcrest camera password :
If this is the first time logging into your device, you will be prompted to modify the password for your device. To modify the password, enter the new password you’d wish to use within the New Password field and ensure that the password used should be between 8 and 32 characters long with a combination of letters and numbers. Click OK and allow the stream to load. But at times, few of the steps given for resetting may vary according to your system and software and access device variables. On the Amcrest forum too, customers report for not being able to find the correct option according to their device interface. Still the process remain to access settings and perform Amcrest camera password reset through configuration settings. You can always talk to Amcrest support in case you find any difficulties while changing the camera password.
How to Reset to Default Settings
Note: Using the Restore to Default Settings button directly from the online interface of
your device won’t reset the admin password for your device. To reset the password, a
physical, hard factory reset will have to be performed and can vary from model to
Step 1: Log in to the web user interface (Web UI) for your device. For more information
on the way to access the online UI for your device, click here.
Step 2: In the web UI, navigate to, Setup>>System>>Default Settings>>Default Settings.
Step 3: Click on the Restore to Default Settings tab located within the Default Settings
Step 4: A prompt will appear asking if you are sure that you would like to proceed with
the factory reset. Click OK to start the reset.
A reset of your device will occur. You can log out of the web UI and log back in. The
settings for your device are going to be reset to its original factory default settings.
How To Perform A Factory Reset on Amcrest Camera- Reset Amcrest camera
A factory reset of the Indoor Pro HD IP Camera to its original system state by erasing all of the knowledge stored on the device in an effort to revive the device’s software to its original manufacturer settings. Sometimes the security cameras stop to connect to the web servers, it is the time to reset to the factory specs, provided the wifi is confirmed to be in good functionality.
Note: Before performing a physical, hard factory reset, it’s recommended to first perform a reset via the online interface (Web UI) of the camera on a computer. This is useful also if you are doing not have direct, physical access to your camera. For more
information on the way to perform a factory reset within the web UI of your camera,click here.
There is also an external factory reset button lit by a LED located on the backside of the camera. Press and hold the factory push button for about 20 seconds, or until the green light changes to red. Once the light turns red, the process will begin. This will ultimately restore the device to its factory settings and can reset all of the camera’s settings.
This will reverse the settings back to its day one when the system was turned on. All your custom settings and information will be deleted in the process. The factory reset will finish by panning and tilting the camera, ensuring operation and therefore the light will turn green and the camera then gets completely reset back to its factory state.
A hard reset of your Amcrest camera will catch on back to its original state by removing all the information stored on your device. It will restore the System to the innovative software of the device with the default factory settings. Your password will be reset to the Amcrest default password which is admin.
HARD RESET AMCREST CAMERA: USING THE REST BUTTON
How to hard reset Amcrest camera: Before performing this reset method, you should complete the factory reset using the online interface. It is expected to unravel most of the issues you’re facing together with your Amcrest camera. This method can be useful if you cannot physically access your camera while preserving your other settings. The hard reset method requires you to possess physical access way to reset Amcrest camera from the reset button.
If you’ve got planned to perform a tough reset of your Amcrest camera, then locate the external factory push button at the backside of your Amcrest camera(as shown in the image above).
Here are the steps for Amcrest ip camera reset
- Open the camera
- Press and hold the reset button for 20 seconds
- Now release the reset button one the led starts flashing
- Wait for the camera to reboot as it takes few seconds for camera to load
- Now you can create the password and camera reset is complete
Please note* The LED will light up the button when you hold it for 20 sec. It resets the Amcrest camera back to its original factory defaults. Be careful with this button in standard scenarios once you don’t want to reset your camera. In a problematic case, you would like to proceed with pressing this button for about 20 seconds for reset. You will notice a change in the light above the button which has now turned red from green. This shows that the reset process has started. Now this may completely restore your camera to its factory defaults.
The factory reset will finish once you notice the camera tilting side wise. The light above the reset button will once again turn green. After that, you’ll set your new password and username for your camera by accessing the web UI to form sure the security and privacy of your data.
Amcrest camera reset: Factory Reset ASH21 camera
ASH21 Factory reset differs only with the button on the camera and you need to locate that Reset button by sliding the camera upward, as shown in the image below. We recommended users to delete that particular camera/device from the Amcrest Smart Home account before doing a Amcrest factory reset. Please follow the below given instructions for ASH21 Amcrest camera factory reset.
- To Locate Rest button to perform Factory Reset on Amcrest ASH21 Camera, Raise the camera upward a little and you will see the Amcrest camera reset button on the right side as shown in this image below.
- Once you have located the reset button, Now press and hold this factory reset button for 45 to 60 seconds and allow the camera to reset, it takes few minutes to complete the reset. While the camera completes the Amcrest factory reset process, the camera will rotate and the front LED of the camera will blink green, indicating the completion of process and is now ready to be connected back to the app.
- Now you need to reconnect the camera via the App on your phone or tab.
How to Perform a Factory Reset Amcrest Outdoor camera
When it comes to resetting the outdoor camera it may not be possible to reach the camera due to its location or position. Outdoor cameras are generally placed higher so you may not be able to access it every time. Always consider performing a physical or hard factory reset as the second option with soft reset being the first option. We strongly recommended to perform a Amcrest camera reset via the web user interface (Web UI) of the camera on a computer or even browser on you phone. This is useful when you do not have the direct or physical access to cameras. For more information on how to perform a factory reset in the web UI of your camera, See the steps below.
- We need to log in to the web user interface (Web UI) for cameras.
- In the web UI, now we need to navigate to, Setup option and then select System and select Default Settings.
- One in default settings now in the mid of screen you will see two option, default settings and factory default, lets click on Factory Default.
- Next, the prompt will appear for confirmation to proceed with the factory reset.
- Now you need to enter the password for your camera and then click Save to start the reset. Wait for few seconds and reset will be complete.
To do Hard Reset for Amcrest outdoor Camera: You would need a screwdriver to open the camera hatch to access reset button. You check the camera manual to know if your camera has a reset button behind the hatch or it has a reset button on the motherboard, depending upon your camera model it will vary.
For reset button on the motherboard : To perform a hard factory reset of your device, you will need to open the camera and gain access to the camera’s motherboard. On the board there will be a small black button inside. Please press and hold the button for 45 seconds, then let it go. Please see this reference image that will help you locate the reset button.
Amcrest outdoor camera reset button with hatch
- First step is to locate the reset hatch on the top of the camera. Then using a Phillips head screwdriver, you will have to remove the 2 screws to open the hatch.
- Once the latch is open, you need to locate the reset button, which is generally next to the MicroSD slot on the camera.
- To begin the process of reset, Press and hold the reset button for 30-45 seconds and allow the camera to reset.
- Once the reset is complete place the reset hatch back onto the camera and secure it. The camera factory reset is done and it has been reverted to original factory settings, which also includes usernames, passwords along with other settings. The default username and password will be admin.
- Set up and password and reconnect it to your network or Internet and you should be good to go.
How to Perform Amcrest Factory Reset For NVR
Sometimes, due to Amcrest NVR malfunction or issues with device features and performance, you may be left with the only option to reset Nvr to factory settings. To begin the physical factory reset process you will need to remove the top NVR cover. Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screws securing the cover. Once the screws are removed, you need to lift the lid to see the NVR’s motherboard. On the NVR motherboard you will have to locate a small black button, which is the factory reset switch for your device.
Process for Amcrest NVR factory reset:
- Remove the cover of the NVR, Remove the screws on side and bottom to remove the cover (refer to usr manual for your device model)
- To factory reset NVR, you need to hold the reset button down and unplug the NVR from power.
- Once power cable is disconnected from the unit, please continue holding the factory reset button for atleast 4 – 5 seconds, while you are holding the reset button, now plug the power supply back into the unit. ( you should be holding the button down when you reconnect power cable)
- Now when power is reconnected, you should hear a beep sound , even if it is not giving beep sound thats alright and proceed. Continue holding the reset button and allow the device to initialize for 20 – 30 seconds and then release the button once the system finishes loading.
For any issue after this reset or problems with reset speak to us for further diagnostics. Dial +1 530-455-9359 and talk to Amcrest support
Amcrest Camera Factory Reset Button Hold Time For Various Models
Check out this part and according to your device see the Reset button hold time for factory reset of your device. Speak with support, if cannot figure out for little more complicated reset procedure for your device.
For IP2M841 and V3 model: The reset button hold time is of 20 seconds
For ASh21: The reset button hold time is 45 seconds.
Amcrest IP2M-842/IPM-722 Bullet camera: The Reset button hold time is 30 seconds.
Factory Reset (IP4M-1051) PRo HD : The reset button hold time is of 20 seconds.
Factory Reset (IP4M-1054E): Press and hold the factory reset switch for 20 – 30 seconds and then release.
Factory Reset (IP4M-1026): For this device you need to open the cover and keep the POE cable connected. The RST button is the Reset button on this camera and hold time is of 30 seconds.
Factory Reset (IP4M-1024E): For this device you need to access the camera’s motherboard. Use a paperclip for touching the filaments together for at least 5 seconds and reset will start.
Factory Reset (IP4M-1048EW-AI): Hold the reset button for 30-45 seconds. However, holding it for more than 30 Seconds will initiate the Amcrest camera reset process.
Factory Reset (IP4M-1046EW-AI): Locate the factory reset switch on the motherboard of the camera. The factory reset switch is right next to the microSD card slot. The hold time for Resetting this Amcrest camera is 10 – 20 seconds and then allow the camera to reset.
Factory Reset (IP4M-1026E): Unfasten and remove the top shield of the camera and then remove the top plastic covering around lens and IR and access motherboard. Locate the small factory reset switch on the motherboard, Press and hold for about 45 seconds and the camera will reset.
Factory Reset (IP4M-1055E): Remove the metal casing around the unit to access Amcrest camera reset switch on the mother board and also remove the lens cover on the eyeball portion of the camera to access it. Press and hold the factory reset switch for 45 seconds